Monday, July 14, 2008

My Favorite Snacks (and the Celebs that love them too)

So I've totally been slacking on the blog front lately. My good friend (and future endorser of my book) Terri Schurz was quick to remind me of that today. So we came up with a topic: the stuff I eat. But Terri took it a step further with her suggestion. So without much further ado, a list of the snacks I eat at work, why I eat them, and which Hollywood celeb eats them too.

Not only is this going to be a VERY entertaining read (maybe), but it's also going to benefit your health! So read on!

[The information contained below about anyone besides myself may or may not be made up.]

1. Carrot sticks dipped in roasted red pepper hummus.

Why I eat it: Well, I just looked at the label of the hummus, and let me tell you--it is HEALTHY! Protein, fiber, vitamin A. You really can't go wrong with hummus. And carrot sticks are a given. I mean, c'mon--have you ever met a blind bunny?? I don't think so. It's because their eyes are so good from eating all those carrots. I'm planning on being contact-free by 2012 with a rigorous carrot-eating plan.

The Celeb: Angelina Jolie. She craved it during her entire pregnancy with the twinkies (which she finally had, FYI. Maybe we can all poll our money together and buy the first pics. Who tries to make money off their infant children, BTW?!?) Also, since she didn't adopt these two, she figured she'd try to at least pretend they're foreign so she could love them as much as Maddox. Greek to be exact. Hence the hummus-eating.


2. Hard Sourdough Pretzels.
Why I eat it: Oh. My. Gosh. I love these things! The very best way to eat them is to take a bite of the pretzel, then a nice big drink of Pepsi (chilled over ice, of course). It's about as close to heaven as you'll ever get at work. The good thing about this snack is that it's fat free. The bad thing is that it's TONS of carbs/sugar. So use your head, people! Don't go overboard. But enjoy, and let me know what you think.

The Celeb: J-Lo. Because she doesn't care if her a$$ gets any bigger. Apparently, for Jenny-from-the-block it's a great look. I'm not sure it'd work for me, though, so I'm sticking with only eating this snack on rare occassions.


3. Whole almonds with all-natural, organic peanut butter schmear.
Why I eat it: Really, I only eat it when I'm desperately hungry and I can't find anything else to eat (well, there's always the vending machines downstairs, but I think everything in them expired in 1982. If it's older than me, I don't eat it. That's my rule of thumb). This snack does taste decent, though, and it is healthy in moderation. I don't remember what almonds have in them, but it's something really good for your heart, your skin and your overall health. Just don't eat a whole bag--a small handful will do.

The Celeb: Ben Stiller. In order to stay really, really ridiculously good looking, Ben eats a handful of almonds every day. And his skin nearly glows!


4. Yoplait Key Lime fluffy yogurt with strawberries and blueberries mixed in.
I actually eat this for breakfast, but to each his own. This delightfully refreshing dish will satisfy your sweet tooth, while also providing lots of great vitamins and calcium! IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not, I reapeat, DO NOT eat the "light" version of the yogurt, with the artificial sweetener. It will give you cancer and I don't want to be sued for recommending that poison.

The Celeb: In my very thorough research, I did not find my celebrity twin on this snack. But I know who doesn't eat it: Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen.


Well, that's all for now, folks! Now get out there and buy yourself some healthy snacks! Because it really does help the workday go faster when you have something to munch.

1 comment:

Terri said...

This was the BEST post. I appreciate the research that went into it. You should definitely be paid for the tragically brilliant piece of work that you have so selflessly shared with the world. Keep it up. And remember, eat, drink and be Carly :)